Unintentional thoughts of a struggling writer & poet on trivial yet acidic issues like politics, nations, life, himself, etc.

06 September, 2007

Chak de India!


India won. The best part was that the Indian team clenched the match from the hosts in a nail biting tie that seemed to sway either way many a times during the brilliant contest that it was.

I had lost interest in the match early in the evening when I learnt England’s score. Went out drinking with Amit. I came back to find there was no dinner at home and switched on the TV for entertainment. Adding excitement to my late night cooking endeavor, I was left dazed and delighted to realize that India needed 13 runs of 8 balls.

Those few minutes of the gut crunching game were accompanied by highs and lows for both teams. But Robin Uthappa proved his nerve & talent and ensured India’s win with a decisive boundary. And I exulted. Shouted, hooted and clapped as loud as I can, completing ignoring the hour. The title song from the latest hit Chak de India was played in the background. It further added to the nationalistic adrenalin rush I was experiencing.

So, you do not need 5 sixes in a row in an over to win a match. Just 2 dogged and determined boundaries can do that.

India has leveled a somewhat lost out series and looks promising for the final coup.


Cheers India!!!

No comments: