Unintentional thoughts of a struggling writer & poet on trivial yet acidic issues like politics, nations, life, himself, etc.

10 October, 2007

Happy Birth Day!!! (Contd.)

Alright. I’m a day late. There are reasons though. I’ll first continue with my celebration news. So, these people bought a fruit cake at office. And I wasn’t able to cut it properly since wherever I put the knife, there was some fruit hindering my violence.

Anyway, so there was this ritual chitchat post cutting over the piece of cake that everybody got. Mrs. Boss hinted on some singing that I vocally refused. Someone also came with the idea of playing truth and dare. But even that did not carry out. Huh! Good for me as I always end up choosing truth and revealing things that I don’t want to.

So, Mrs. Boss played ‘Santa Claus’ and said that I can leave early. And I hit the road ASAP. Armed with the chocolate leftovers, I headed my ex-office. Met old colleagues and we went on a street-wandering mission. Not the perfect idea for a birthday evening, I know. But it was nice. Like the good ol’ days.

Mammam is here, so alcohol was out of question. But I had to treat the kids upstairs. So, the whole affair was planned at their place. I bought alcohol from Delhi; felt like a smuggler with more than a litre of alcohol under my seat.

We started late; I was still appreciating telephonic wishes. So, these guys still don’t know how to handle alcohol. Got drunk pretty soon. And soon the conversation was overflowing with girl talk, love, commitments, relationships and all related bullshit!!! And I resembled a veteran on these issues. ‘Been there’, ‘done that’ types. So, I was asked to comment on the multitude of their queries. Thankfully, one guy was so drunk that he will forget his query and start blabbering for minutes on. Better still. He won’t let anyone else speak.

By 12.30, Mammam was getting worried about mine and Ashwini’s dinner (yes, he was with me but didn’t drink, also gave me a chocolate box :-) ), so took my leave from the party. And Ashwini was feverish so I picked him. That meant I have to drop him too! That took some effort. And I carry this ‘don’t care’ attitude most of times so scooted off in my boxer shorts and tees. Within a minute I realized my mistake. It was fuckin’, freezin’ cold out there and speed was deteriorating my situation.

Was dead sleepy. Aggravated by the cold. But Ashwini thought it was the opportune moment of giving me some heartfelt advice. O.K. Everything for a friend. Listened to him as long as he wanted. I heard every word he said but I was thinking of only one thing, my bed!

Next morning there was the next set of pages in Orkut, wishing me a happy, rockin’, in a nutshell nice birthday. It continues till today. But with an additional ‘belated’. Some even sent a personalized e-mail. And one went overboard with an e-card. So thoughtful!

Yes, she called. Sounded like she is fulfilling a duty. But I was too happy to be subdued by her awkward behavior. Whatever!

I don’t know why, but the metaphysical is intriguing me since birthday. The beginning of a new phase in my life? I love this newfangled skill of mine. Re-inventing myself more often. Moreover, it seems to be a positive learning curve.

The only bad thing that still clings on is ‘the pain’. ‘The soul fracture’. I need to heal this...don't know how???

1 comment:

shahid said...

belated happy birthday!!!
u may add few more lines mentioning that ur birthday happiness opted not to end and friends continue to delight you...

well done!