Unintentional thoughts of a struggling writer & poet on trivial yet acidic issues like politics, nations, life, himself, etc.

18 February, 2008

Protagonist



I have endured,

gloomy rainy Sunday afternoons,

post teen addiction to cartoons,

worklessness and pleasure,

money and measure.


A kid’s yearning for a sibling,

vodka glasses tripling,

insomniac phases,

all night star gazes.


Painstaking school, college chores,

indecent dark alley whores,

those imperious cheeky garrulous bores,

sweet childhood crushes and heart sores.


I have overcome,

mid day drippy gut crunching games,

teenage goof-up shames,

family’s list of you should be’s

and inerasable infidel would be’s.


I have lived,

incessant teas and cigarettes,

abstaining lunch breaks,

marathon addas with friends,

without flinching about graduation grades.

Two accidents,

career setbacks,

unfounded ideologies,

fantasizing Maybachs.


Today,

I relish my pragmatic dreams,

whimsical chilly winter ice creams,

the first pair of a now torn Levi’s,

and my small world brimming with positive vibes.


I will live,

to realize everything I can,

move on from any futile plan,

for the smiles of people who love,

and for myself to prove,

I am a protagonist.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

hii..this is Monica, US..I m n admiror of ur blog, jus'want to c d person who wrote all these blogs..a hug.

Purni said...

aha


the child looks at his father and asks him
can i count beyond ten
can i earn ten rupess?
can i buy 10 cars?


the innocence in its eyes
was a moment the father captrured
for later it would be gone just like his was gone
the realities would creep in and the beauty of innocence battered and bruised



as time passes the understanding either deepens
else it weakens for all we look for is outside
he who looks outside dreams
he who looks inside awakens


for choices and life and time required is all taken
the myths od beauty and existance is broken
the reality is someething never accepted
for in once those innocent resided purity
which is now in the oblivion hibernating


nice poem


Anu

TO TOUCH THE HORIZON said...

well well...i can see you have a coupe of fans,
as far as the poem goes...I think you are a much better writer in prose.this poem lacks the poetic feeling which you can say is the core or centre of every poem. the theme is no doubt good.but the words somehow seems that they have been put together just for the sake of it...lacks lyrical quality...but then people who loves abstract never goes by it....
write on....
and before that read more poetry.
sorry if my comments made you feel bad...but I have read your other writings, they are very good.

Aditi J. D. said...

Well composed...